Saturday, March 21, 2009

Exchange compatibility in Gnome 2.26

Microsoft Exchange has had a good chunk of the email market. And, therefore, many devoted Linux users will be happy to hear Gnome 2.26 will have a version of Evolution which will have native support for Microsoft Exchange protocol.

Evolution will have direct import of Outlook Personal Folders which includes email, contacts, appointments, tasks and journal entries. This will make Linux a first class Exchange client. Bringing down another barrier stopping the Linux Desktop from growing. I hope this will in some way make Linux more popular to all users.

I will rejoice when it is bug free. It will inspire me to install Ubuntu 9.04 on my work desktop which currently has Ubuntu 8.04. This is a must have feature for me and something I must test out.

Recommended stories:

Gnome adds native exchange server protocol

No comments: